Friday 1 November 2013

Terry Malts - Nobody Realizes This Is Nowhere

Album review by scott@thesoundofconfusion.co.uk


The moment the ringing stops from 'Two Face', California based noise-pop trio Terry Malts hit the first chord and then another, and before you know it 30 minutes have gone by and you find yourself refreshed and ready for a second helping. Quoted as describing themselves as "Detached, disillusioned, so-and-so's, thriving on barely trying and all about tall cans and short attention spans". Its safe to say 'Nobody Realizes This Is Nowhere' is a lovely blend of energy wrapped in a cluster of sleaze, and brimming with fun!

The first verse of 'I Was Not There', "I dressed myself/I left my house/did my job right/made my boss proud/put in my time", provides and example of  irony and humour Terry Malts seem to be not short of. It seems like the lost bet that led to Slumberland Records releasing their debut 'Killing Time' has proved a fine gamble.





Terry Malts' website

Buy the album





For more news, reviews and downloads follow The Sound Of Confusion on Facebook or Twitter

contact@thesoundofconfusion.com

No comments:

Post a Comment